Sunday 2 October 2011

Day 3-alishan,taichung

At day 3, we woke up at 3.30am by the minsu morning call. It was very cold and I had to wear a few layers before going out for the climb. Intially I thought that there will be a big bunch of young people going up with us but then I only saw one hongkonger at the sofa. The minsu boss told us that everyone has left for the car ride to yu shan. So we began our climb to zhu shan, the boss has estimated 80 mins for us to climb up but we only took 60mins. The sky was full of stars and the road was very dark. The climb was quite tedious as it was a uphill route with rocky steps. But the hard work paid off by the nice and beautiful sunrise at zhushan.

 After the sunrise,we went down zhu shan as the temperature was getting lower. We went to 7-11 for simple breakfast and back to sleep. We woke up around 9am and showered, to wait for the van to fetch us. We thought that the van will come at 11am but it was delayed and came at 12 noon. First stop was fen qi hu, and the famous food is the bian dang.

The bian dang looks nice but I think is a bit overrated or the stall that I went was not so nice. Next was the bridge.
This was the di jiu bridge as tian chang bridge was about 30 storeys high and under repairment.phew.

So the van fetched us to chia yi TRA and we went to buy ticket to taichung TRA. It took us like 4 hrs to travel from Alishan to Chia yi TRA. Overall, I think if i have the chance to make the decision again, I would rather skipped this and go straight to tai chung. From chia yi to taichung, it takes around 1.45hrs at 172nt. (small incident:I lost the ticket and nearly couldn't exit the TRA station. Luckily they let me pass this time, so better to keep the tickets safe.)

So from taichung TRA, I have decided to walk to a famous tai yang bing stall. It was stated like 5mins walk but in actual fact, it was quite far from the railway station. And the stall was closed by the time we reached there around 7pm, the stall was closed at 6pm. We did not buy anything back as we thought it was too early to buy it on that day. They advised us to eat within 7 days. So we headed back to taichung TRA and take a public bus to tomato room which is near the feng chia university. The public bus no was bus 35. I thought that the bus journey was only 15 mins but when i saw the bus route,the feng chia university was like the last few stops of the journey. So this take around 40 mins ride.

Tomato room cost 1180nt per night,and I alighted at the 逢甲西安街口。I was told that the feng chia university stop was in front of a big mac sign. But the hostel people told me to alight one stop after the university.  So finally we reached the tomato room and put down our luggage to begin our first night market trip. I was told that it was one of the largest night market in taiwan but i think i missed out some parts as we only took 2 hours to finish walking around the market. The famous food that we have tried was 继光香香鸡,逢甲四合一,起司洋芋,水果糖葫芦,月亮虾饼,懒人虾。Out of so many food that i have tried, i think the cheese potato was the best. Then we went back to rest at 11.30pm as we have to wake up early on the next day to catch the direct bus to Cing Jing farm




4 comments:

  1. Hi Thank you for your post. May I ask if there are buses from Alishan to Taichung direct? Or do I need to go to Chiayi first. You mentioned above that if "you have the chance to make the decision again, I would rather skipped this and go straight to tai chung".Do you mean you can go direct from Alishan to Taichung? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,I meant that If I had the chance to choose again,then I might not go fen qi hu and the bridge. I took up the package from the minsu which took us to these places before going to chia Yi tra.
    I'm not sure whether there are direct buses as I arranged with the minsu for the transport from alishan to chia Yi tra. I saw that there was a bus stop in front of 7-11. You might wan to check out the buses first.you can look into trip advisor by typing the qn to go from alishan to taichung as I also found out a lot of info from there too.
    Hope you have a great trip in tw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jun. Your post helped me a lot in my planning as I am so short of time and every little info helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My main purpose is to summarise the trip and also to help others to plan for their trip..it saves a bit of research time as I really spend a lot of time and effort to find ways to go to the places..of cos, my cousin put in lots of effort on the transportation too..
    I really hope this can benefit everyone..hee..

    ReplyDelete