Friday 7 October 2011

Day 8-taipei last day

We woke up at the same time as we know that ximending shops are not opened at early hours. We woke up and went down to find some breakfast stall. I went to watson to find the niu er products which are very popular in the tv show(女人我最大)but I couldn't find the night jelly. The cosmed sells more products other than 美丽日记mask now. There is also 绝世美肌mask which I read that is better than 美丽日记 mask as they are thinner and easier to be absorbed by the skin.

We were lucky to meet a driver at the Cing jing farm who self introduced to us for the pick up service from our hostel to airport. We wanted to search more information from the website to verify this and we also asked the taxi drivers who were waiting for customers at the ximen street. We found out that the price that he quoted us was very reasonable so we tried to contact him thru email and phone. The taxi driver on the road charged 1200nt while the kind driver quoted us 800nt.
The first card was the driver whom we met at the farm and the second was the driver who came to pick us up. I think we called up at the last minute and he was not free to fetch us so he called another driver. She was quite nice to help us to carry the luggage up to the car. As it was a one hr drive, I chatted with her along the way. She told me that the charge to pick up from the airport is 900 nt while vice versa is 800nt. I think this price is quite reasonable if you had too many luggage to carry to the airport. 

We reached there before 12.30pm and we were too early to check in. So we weighed the luggage first and they were less than 20kg!!argh. I should have bought more things back. So we went around to find a food place and there was a uncle telling us that there are not much food places here as terminal one is under renovation now. Then we asked whether we can get food at the departure hall, and he told us that there are no shops inside too. We were quite shocked and so we decided to take the sky train to terminal 2 to get some more local products. We rushed like mad as we do not want to miss the flight. I went to the 7-11 to get the cup noodles too. I had 4 pieces of luggage with me and it looked very bulky. The other tourist looked and stared at me as if i were insane.Haha. I bought a bit too much that i damaged the zip of my hand carry luggage. After so much trouble and rushing through the 2 terminals, we managed to check in at 1.30 and we were told that the flight was delayed for 30mins. phew. We were still early as there were quite a few tourist behind us waiting to check in. 

We had our lunch and went into the departure hall. We thought that they will weigh our hand carry luggage too but they did not. We realised that the local products shops were not affected by the renovation work and there are more variety than the ones we went. **** so please don't trust all the 
information given by the strangers. hai~~wasted my effort and energy. 

So this is the end of my experience in taiwan for 8 days. After so much effort put into the research, I think is worth it as we did not waste much time losing our way. The people whom we met were also helpful to give us directions. There was one gal who lead us to the sun biscuit stall at taichung. 
Thank you everyone who has helped us along the way. Thank you for the good hospitality by the minsu owners. Thanks to my cousin for making this trip possible though we had different opinions on some parts of the trip. I will be back to taiwan in 2 yrs time when the metro is ready from the airport that goes to the city. Another new experience again,haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment