Friday 7 October 2011

Day 7-taipei

We woke up quite late today. I think is me, haha,woke up only at 8.30am. So the first thing in the itinerary is long shan temple.(龙山寺)This temple was just beside a metro station named after it, and one stop after ximen(西门). We went to take some pictures and prayed.

                                                                           Entrance
                                          My cousin taking picture of temple, and I'm taking her with the temple.
After the visit to the temple, we felt so hungry and we found 85C cafe after eating a fan tuan and tea egg again at the 7-11. I vaguely remembered that this is supposed to be the famous for cake, and after buying a apple tea from them, I saw the display of cakes. wow..I wanted to try some, so I bought 2 slices to share with my cousin. And it was really great, especially the chocolate moouse.
              So after eating our delicious cake, we went to taipei main station underground mall. There are alot of different sections, Z,Y,M. From the research, the bloggers recommend to go in section Y11,12 for cheap shoes. I also went to 诚品bookstore to buy magazines, as the price is twice cheaper than in singapore. We bought quite a few clothes and I was tempted to buy a bag that cost almost 50 sing for unknown branded bag, but I gave up as I thought there will be more choices at the night market. After a few hours of shopping, we went back to the hostel to unload our things.

We didn't had any lunch at the taipei main station as we did not go to the food section. So I went to hi-life to get instant cup noodles.
                                       The best instant cup noodles that I have tried in taiwan.
After some packing up and rest at the hostel, we went to taipower station to shi da night market. (师大夜市)
We were quite lost to go to taipower building as we need to change from blue to green line via chiang kai shek memorial hall. So we asked for directions. We were told to go for light green line from xi men to chiang kai shek memorial hall then wait for xin dian line(dark green line). The platform serves trains going to 2 different lines, the dark green and orange. So we had to wait for the train that goes to xin dian line to go to taipower building. And when we went back, we had to go wait for train that goes back to chiang kai shek and then light green line to go to xi men. It was a bit confusing as there are too many lines. We went out via exit 3 and then to shi da night market. 

                      The name of the school which can be found outside the entrance of the night market.
The famous crepes

                                                       The famous lu wei
                                          Wide selection of ingredients to add and cooked in seasoned gravy.
                                          Quite salty, but overall is ok. This is similar to our kway chap. The large intestines and wang zi mian(王子面) are really nice.
The famous sheng jian bao
                                                       
This Shi da night market is quite small as compared to other night market, so we decided to go back after few hours of roaming around to do some packing.  I was afraid that I will exceed the 20kg limit so I didn't dare to buy too much and I regretted. Hai~~

No comments:

Post a Comment